Academic Advising Committee
Committee Chairman: Prof. Dr. Ahmed Al-Manadili – Vice President of the University for Academic Affairs.
- Dr. Waed Omran – University Secretary and Dean of Student Affairs.
- Dr. Ali Al-Shalabi – Advisor of the University President.
- Joseph Georgy – Director of the Quality Assurance and Academic Accreditation Department.
- Amer Al-Hamod – Representative of the Academic Advising Unit at the College of Dentistry.
- Yara Al-Taweel – Representative of the Academic Advising Unit at the College of Pharmacy.
- Magida Al-Hassan – Representative of the Academic Advising Unit at the College of Engineering and Technology.
- Ola Al-Damni – Representative of the Academic Advising Unit at the College of Architecture.
- Basil Al-Zaqout – Representative of the Academic Advising Unit at the College of Business Administration and Finance.
- Abdullah Reda – Representative of the Academic Advising Unit in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- A representative of the National Union of Syrian Students – University Branch.
Responsibilities of the Academic Advisor along with students
Responsibilities of the Academic Advising Committee:
Qualifying Academic Advisors in colleges and departments to be:
- A guidance to students during their university life, and listen to their questions and concerns carefully.
- The entity that helps students discover their abilities and aptitudes, and identify their academic strengths and weaknesses.
- The primary enhancer of students’ awareness about their university’s resources and directing them to the appropriate service centers there.
- Able to explain the study plan and help students choose courses and develop an organized plan until they graduate.
- Able to cooperate with members of the educational staff (teaching and technical) to improve the performance of academically struggling students who find it difficult to learn.
- Directly responsible for the professional guidance of students, by helping them choose the path appropriate to their academic abilities and future aspirations.
- A source of accurate information to students about university policies and the requirements of university academic life.