General Secondary School Certificate Scholarships
What is the University grants scholarships for freshmen according to the following criteria ?
The University grants scholarships for freshmen according to the following criteria:
- A full scholarship for the student whose rank is within the first five in the Syrian GSSC or in any other accredited equivalent study.
- Five scholarships, each of which is equal to 50% of the University fees (the credit hours fees) for students whose average is above 90% in the Syrian GSSC according to their scores, and who are already registered at the University. The scholarship is continued if the student maintains an accumulative average of no less than 3 points (B).
The Ministry of Higher Education Scholarships
A full scholarship is put under the disposal of the Ministry of Higher Education in accordance with the presidential decree of establishing the University, provided that the average of the applicant is below the minimum average required for admission in the required specialisation.
- Scholarships are granted to academic high-achievers provided that they have finished 30 credit hours at the university, and have registered for 15 credit hours minimally, apart from their semester of graduation, and in view of the criteria below:
- 100% of the credit hours fees for students who have achieved a GPA of 4 points (A+) and ranking first in their specialization, provided that their accumulative GPA is no less than 5 points (A-).
- 25% of the credit hour fees for students scoring an accumulative GPA of no less than 75 points (A).
- 20% of the credit hours fees for students scoring an accumulative average of no less than 5 points (A-).
- 15 % of the credit hours fees for students scoring an accumulative average of no less than 25 points (B+).
- 10% of the credit hours fees for students scoring an accumulative average of no less than 3 points (B).
The scholarship is renewable as long as students meet the above conditions, and it is applicable to both first and second semesters.
The University offers sibling discount in the amount of 15% which will be deducted from the credit hours rate only for both existing and new applicants. The discount will continue even after one of the siblings graduate.
Scholarships for the Children of the University Staff
A scholarship of 50% of the fees is granted to the children of the University employees and in case the student achieves an excellent average, the rest of the fees are credited to that semester.
Scholarships For Athletic and Cultural Merits
Five scholarships are granted each semester of 20% of the fees for top athletic students, and another five scholarships for students who exhibit cultural merits in accordance with the conditions outlined by the IUST Council for this purpose.
Scholarships for Children of Professional Association members
The University will offer a 10% discount to the children of professional association members.
Very Important Notes
- It’s prohibited to combine any two or more discounts (scholarships) unless in the case of academic achievements. In the event the student fulfills the requirement of the second part of high school (bakaloria) scholarship and academic merit scholarship at the same time, subsequently the student receives the higher discount.
- The discount (scholarship) will be negated in the event the student violates any of the university’s rules and regulations specified in the University’s penal system and punished for such offence under paragraph (C, D and H) section 3 from examination penalties code, or a penalty from (7-11) from section 2 from the International University for Science and Technology penal system.