Questions & Answers
It is an academic evaluation unit. It also means that the student has to attend 16 theoretical lectures, each of which is one teaching hour.
The number of total credit hours endorsed by the Council of Higher Education which the student has to achieve in order to get a university degree in a certain specialization.
According to the announced University calendar.
Five study semesters; separate or continuous.
English and Arabic
The number of credit hours students are allowed to take in for one semester.
Reduction of Fees for the Children of Syndicate Members
A document that substantiates the membership of the parent of a certain syndicate. See item 2 below.
Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacists, Lawyers, Teachers, and the Association of War Veterans.
10% for the credit hours only, and it covers the first and second semesters only.
A document that substantiates the date of granting the document.
No, the student has to present a document issued by the syndicate.
No, only once suffices.
The mother’s document and the family book.
Fees Reduction for Siblings
An ID of a sibling or a copy of the family book which includes the father’s page, the mother’s page and the page of the two siblings who have been registered at the University.
15% of the credit hour fees . This covers the first and second semesters for each sibling.
The siblings being at the University for at least one semester is an adequate proof/ condition for reduction to be continued until the graduation of all the siblings.
No; however, the higher reduction is considered with one exception, namely the registering of three siblings.
Only once suffices, until graduation
General Secondary School Certificate Scholarships
What is the University grants scholarships for freshmen according to the following criteria ?
The University grants scholarships for freshmen according to the following criteria:
- A full scholarship for the student whose rank is within the first five in the Syrian GSSC or in any other accredited equivalent study.
- Five scholarships, each of which is equal to 50% of the University fees (the credit hours fees) for students whose average is above 90% in the Syrian GSSC according to their scores, and who are already registered at the University. The scholarship is continued if the student maintains an accumulative average of no less than 3 points (B).
The Ministry of Higher Education Scholarships
A full scholarship is put under the disposal of the Ministry of Higher Education in accordance with the presidential decree of establishing the University, provided that the average of the applicant is below the minimum average required for admission in the required specialisation.
- Scholarships are granted to academic high-achievers provided that they have finished 30 credit hours at the university, and have registered for 15 credit hours minimally, apart from their semester of graduation, and in view of the criteria below:
- 100% of the credit hours fees for students who have achieved a GPA of 4 points (A+) and ranking first in their specialization, provided that their accumulative GPA is no less than 5 points (A-).
- 25% of the credit hour fees for students scoring an accumulative GPA of no less than 75 points (A).
- 20% of the credit hours fees for students scoring an accumulative average of no less than 5 points (A-).
- 15 % of the credit hours fees for students scoring an accumulative average of no less than 25 points (B+).
- 10% of the credit hours fees for students scoring an accumulative average of no less than 3 points (B).
The scholarship is renewable as long as students meet the above conditions, and it is applicable to both first and second semesters.
Scholarships for the Children of the University Staff
A scholarship of 50% of the fees is granted to the children of the University employees and in case the student achieves an excellent average, the rest of the fees are credited to that semester.
Scholarships For Athletic and Cultural Merits
Five scholarships are granted each semester of 20% of the fees for top athletic students, and another five scholarships for students who exhibit cultural merits in accordance with the conditions outlined by the IUST Council for this purpose.
It is not permissible for any student to combine two scholarships at the same time except in the case of academic merit during the study at the University. Moreover, these scholarships do not include the summer semester, with the exception of the scholarships of the Ministry of Higher Education.
- The postponement fee of study for the colleges of Dentistry, and Pharmacy is 30,000 while for the rest of the colleges is 15,000 per semester.Request is made to interrupt the study before the end of the add-and-drop period for the semester for which the student would like to postpone their studies in.The required documents for the interruption of study is a Temporary Interruption of Study Form signed by the Director of Admissions and Registration, Dean of the College, the director of Financial Office, and the President of the University.Before submitting the postponement form, and in case the student has the academic schedule registered, the student has to withdraw their academic study schedule before the end of the add-and-drop period.
- In the event of the return of an irregular student to the University after interruption for one semester, the student fills in a special form and pays a fee of 25,000SP and they are re-registered on the basis of the fees paid.In the case of the return of a regular student after an interruption of two semesters, the student fills in a form of Re-sit Study and the new student is treated financially like a freshman.
Students can transfer from one major to another in different colleges after the payment of a fee of 5,000SP. However, students can transfer from one major to another within the same college without paying any fees.
The student can withdraw from the University or the semester before the end of the add-and- drop period. The student has to fill in a withdrawal form from the University; otherwise, the student will be fined in the event of the expiry of the add-and-drop period.
Yes, the student must have paid all the fees incurred on them in the semester. Further, the student must apply for a refund and must get the approval of the President of the University .