Faculty Of Information Technology – Mission And Objectives
The demand for technologically competent employees is not limited to mainline IT jobs. Information technology and computer-literacy related knowledge and skills are becoming a critical component of almost all professions.
Bearing this in mind, the College of Information Technology aims at addressing the growing need for professionals capable of integrating computing into Business, with a view to enhancing the outcome of the various computer-based organizations and helping them to compete internationally.
To realize its mission, the college will design the programs and build the infrastructure necessary to increase the university’s output of qualified IT and computer professionals. It will also strive to pave the way for all students, irrespective of their backgrounds and fields of specialization, to be equipped with basic technological competencies in a cost efficient manner.
In keeping with the university’s commitment to improving its curriculum based on the changing needs of society, the college will be entrusted with the task of equipping students with skills and expertise essential to the local community to facilitate its transformation to an Information and Communication-based economy.
To this end, and in order to support its mission, the College of Information Technology will have the following goals:
- To provide the community with highly-qualified and well-trained individuals who are capable of responding to the needs of Syria and the region in the various fields of Information Technology.
- To undertake teaching and research activities in the various practical and theoretical aspects of Information Technology.
- To provide outreach counseling services for institutions from the private and public sectors in areas related to applications of management and information technology for solving complex problems, software development, and office automation.
- To develop and maintain working relations with national, regional, and international organizations with the objective of exchanging of expertise and know-how in certain aspects of information technology of common interest.
- To fulfill national manpower requirements in the field of Business Management and Information technology.