Faculty Of Dentistry – Mission And Objectives
- To develop, improve and constantly review the undergraduate dental curricula in the various fields of Conservative, Prosthodontic, Oral Medicine, Oral Surgery, Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, to enrich the learning experience of students; to enhance the quality of clinical training available in the various dental specialties for clinical interns.
- To offer a broad spectrum of continuing education options that are accessible to all dental professions to keep them updated of new trends and practices.
- To provide patient-centered, comprehensive and quality care in an environment that is sensitive to the needs of every patient.
- To optimize clinical efficiency and effectiveness for patients, students, staff, and faculty.
- To increase opportunities for students’ participation in community-based training programmes for clinical care and health education, promotion and disease prevention to instill in students a sense of belonging to their community by involving them in voluntary dental care activities in remote and underprivileged areas.
- To develop faculty skills in contemporary teaching methodologies, research techniques, and up-to-the-minute clinical technologies. The College will provide an information technology environment that promotes the development and use of online educational and research tools and services.
- To provide a high quality educational experience to undergraduate students in a diverse learning environment. Also, to prepare the next generations of skilled and ethical professionals by providing excellent graduate and professional education that prepares graduates to compete in a diverse world market.
- To provide a clinical environment that provides contemporary patient care, including treatment areas, clinical computing capabilities and instrument management.
The mission of the College of Dentistry at IUST is to educate future dentists to provide high quality oral health care, and to advance clinical and scientific dental care and practice through research.